MBAM depends on domain user account to be used by the application pool for the web applications. We can safely change the password of this account without impacts by changing it in the below two locations:
1. Open IIS – > Application Pools -> Advanced settings of ‘MBAMSitesAndSvcsAppPool’ -> Identity: click the button to open the Application Pool Identity dialog box -> Select the Custom account option and click Set to open the Set Credentials dialog box, then type the User Name and Password.
2. Access report server via http://servername/Reports-> ‘Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring’ -> ‘MaltaDataSource’ -> in ‘Connect using’ change the current password under ‘Credentials stored securely in the report server’
To change the password used by the SQL Server (Database Engine) service:
1. Click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Configuration Manager.
2. In SQL Server Configuration Manager, click SQL Server Services.
3. In the details pane, right-click SQL Server (<instancename>), and then click Properties.
4. In the SQL Server (<instancename>) Properties dialog box, on the Log On tab, for the account listed in the Account Namebox, type the new password in the Password and Confirm Passwordboxes, and then click OK. The password takes effect immediately, without restarting SQL Server.
Important note: If you need changing the account itself, then you must reinstall the MBAM Server roles and now use the new account while reinstalling process. Also, the SPN needs to be set on the new account.